CVV News-Posted: June 30, 2022
Senator Anna M. Caballero Delivers Major Investments for the 12th District and California
SACRAMENTO: Senator Anna M. Caballero (D-Merced) announced today that millions of dollars were secured in this year’s budget to help support key projects statewide and in her district.
“Budgets are a statement of values, and California’s budget reflects our desire to invest in our working families with the largest investments in our state’s educational system and the creation of the largest reserve fund in history. The cost of gasoline, food, goods and services has increased and that is why I support direct relief payments to California’s working families, who can expect direct relief payments of up to $1,050 and funds to help families pay their rent and utility bills, if needed. I am especially proud to have championed a $500 million allocation to expand the California Dream for all families to buy their own home along with funds to help house the homeless and to provide much needed mental health services. In addition, there will be substantial support for our communities to upgrade our libraries, public safety, and fire services to support the creation of good paying jobs in the Central Valley.
With a responsible budget for today and long-term planning for our future, California is well positioned to continue to be an economic powerhouse and a place where all can thrive.”
District-Specific Budget Wins Include:
- $31.5 million to UC Merced for campus expansion projects.
- $3 million to UC Merced Labor Center.
- $18 million to UC Merced for climate initiatives.
- $5 million to the County of Merced for the Merced County Public Safety Radio System Replacement.
- $15 Million to Merced College for the Agri-Food Workforce and Technology Collaborative for the Central Valley
- $1.25 Million to King City for Acquisition of a Quint Aerial Apparatus and Security Camera System.
- $2 Million to the city of Soledad for a Fire Engine.
- $250,000 to the city of Coalinga for Public Safety Technology Upgrades and Improvements.
- $1.5 Million to the City of Mendota for a New Police Station and Council Chambers
- $3 Million to the City of Merced for Capital Costs for the Merced Regional Fire Training Station, Phase 1.
- $3 Million to the city of San Juan Bautista for a Wastewater Project
- $5 Million to the Patterson Irrigation District for the Construction of the East-West Conveyance System Between the San Joaquin River and the Delta Mendota Canal
- $5 Million to the City of Madera for the Avenue 13 (Pecan Ave.) Sewer Trunk Main Rehab Phase 1.
- $3 Million to Stanislaus County for the Bonita Pool Project and Leroy F. Fitzsimmons Memorial Park.
- $3 Million to Merced County for the Construction of the Dos Palos Library
- $50 million for the California Investment and Innovation Program to support disadvantaged communities.
Senator Anna M. Caballero represents the 12th Senate District, composed of the Counties of Merced and San Benito, Salinas Valley, and portions of Fresno, Madera, and Stanislaus Counties